At the beginning of the game, I was very involved and was staying active by running and getting the footballs. I tried to motivate my peers to participate, but it was difficult to continuously attempt to motivate them when they showed no interest. As the game progressed, it ended up being that only a few people were actually playing the game correctly and following the rules. I tried my best to continue staying active, following the rules, and having fun, but there were only a few people who were participating at this point, making it hard to play.
I think something I could have done better during this situation was to not give up on encouraging people to participate when they weren't, close to the end of the game. Near the end, I ended up getting a bit frustrated and started to ignore my classmates that weren't participating. Now when I look back and reflect, I think I should have kept on encouraging them, since it could have made the situation a little better.
I think that next time, our class should participate with more of a purpose, rather than most people just talking to their friends. I think this is a learning experience for myself and all my classmates. We realized that not participating can really impact the class in a negative way and ruin the fun for everyone.
Below, I attached a picture that any of my classmates can refer to if they read my blogpost about today to help them figure out what step they reached. I believe that I was at the top step for most of today's class, but occasionally dropped down to the "I will do it" step as the game went on.

Love the pic... definitely not easy to deal with groups of people with negative energy. You won't be able to change everyone, and definitely won't be able to do it alone... so what plan can you have next time you feel that happening?
ReplyDelete