On May 9 and May 10, I participated in the FHBC Provincial Team tryouts. They were held in North Vancouver. Unfortunately, my ankle has been twisted for the past little while, so I have not been able to practice to the best of my abilities in the few weeks leading up to the tryouts, because I didn't want to risk injuring it more. Even so, I went to the tryout with a positive attitude and tried my best. On Friday, the tryout ran for 2 hours and during this time, there were drills and scrimmage games set up to test our skills. On the second day, the tryout went for 3 hours. For the first hour, it was just the goalies and we were tested on shot blocking, sliding, diving, general tactical awareness, decision making, communication skills, and other areas. After the goalie session, the players came and we did similar things as the day before. Overall, I believe I did well and I tried my best. I am proud of what I have accomplished this week as well as over the course of this year, and am excited to see what happens next!
No comments:
Post a Comment